Sunday, April 4, 2021

A Goose with Fascinating History


 


A few days ago I met this interesting goose. Later trying to identify it I accidentally learned that the goose has a fascinating history. This particular breed was developed in 19th century in central Russia by crossing local geese with Chinese geese. 

We have the Kholmogory Geese at our local pond. They are domesticated birds.  I usually don't photograph domesticated birds but that day the goose was close and I couldn't miss an opportunity taking his portrait.  

Generally, life is good!







4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Great portrait shot. Yes, life is good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muy bello el Ganso, Kaya, muy buen acercamiento, le has hecho un estupendo retrato.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merecía la pena fotografiarlo. Está precioso, en las mismas circunstancias no me hubiera podido resistir.

    Besos

    ReplyDelete